Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    Admin
    Keymaster

If you are looking for somewhere to stay along the Auckland leg of the Te Araroa trail or you have a backyard or a room you are happy to let someone stay in, post a comment here!

Dayle
    Participant

Hi Trampers

We have an Airbnb in the Hunua area of the Auckland area, we know the importance of not deviating from the trail. So, if you do stay with us we will collect you from an agreed location and return you to the exact location.

If you would like to contact us,

whitefamilysanz@gmail.com
    or
    https://www.airbnb.co.nz/rooms/27784141?location=Hunua%2C%20New%20Zealand&s=URCJbuPh
    or https://www.airbnb.co.nz/rooms/27857620?location=Hunua%2C%20New%20Zealand&s=URCJbuPh

Would love to hear from you.

Kind regards
    Anthony and Dayle White
    021 02552323

clairecole
    Participant

Hi, I do Airbnb very close to the hunua ranges in the Hunua/Paparimu area.

I can provide a comfortable place to stop and relax with plenty of room for tents as well and can provide you with meals as well.

For more information text me on 0274559766 or email clairecole7@xtra.co.nz

I look forward to hearing from you

Claire

louiseg
    Participant

Hi
    We have a room for anyone needing accommodation on the North Shore, Auckland (700 metres from Campbells bay beach, so you’ll almost walk right past the end of the road). We have hot water, food, a swimming pool and space for a tent if preferred. I can provide transport sometimes too if required. Call/text me on 021 0353059. Best feet forward! Louise and Warren x

Jafa5
    Participant

Hi trampers,

We have open paddocks with fresh water and views right across the Hauraki Gulf, usually a nice beer or two on tap as well.
    231 Govan Wilson Road in the Dome Valley section of the trail, South of Pakiri.

Liam and Becs

ct1345
    Participant

Hi Liam & Becs,

My wife and I are currently walking up grovan wilson road and we are hoping to be done for the day. Would we be able to stay in your paddock for the night?

Thanks,

Carson & Katie

Skylark777
    Participant

Hi Trampers,
    My wife and I have had many adventurers(Te Araroa walkers) stay at our home. We enjoy the stories, the motivation but most of all, we love hospitality.
    We have flat land for camping and plenty of water for refilling or a hot shower.
    Our home is the first driveway on Matakana Valley Rd after the sometimes tough Omaha Forest/Tamahunga section and we are at the 479km mark going South.
    Our dogs name is Saaba.
    We are happy to provide free camping and can store any provisions that you send us (if this is an option – let us know and we will send you our address)
    We also have rooms, drying facilities, washing machine etc at a small charge.

I’ll keep some cold beers in the fridge also.

Good luck on the journey,
    Chris & Helena

Skylark777
    Participant

Just to clarify,
    777 Matakana Valley Rd. As you come over the stile and look up the road, our stone driveway is the first on the right. You’ll see our rusty letterbox with 777 underneath as you get closer.

You may also see a sign ‘Skylark’ but this is still to be put up.
    Chris and Helena

markandkerrytat
    Participant

Mangawhai.
    We have a basic cottage or tenting in our orchard in Mangawhai. 11 Longview street, just off Molesworth Drive. Close to Shops, food and toilet at the Mangawhai village. Koha of $5 pp appreciated. call on 021796496, or just show up and help yourself. Keep the gate shut please as we have a pet rabbit. We live at 9 Longview Street.
    Mark and Kerry

Aimee.lg
    Participant

Hey! If anyone would like accommodation near the Puhoi area let me know! Have a house on Weranui rd, and am happy to pick up and drop off! I’m not always around, but send me a WhatsApp! +64270277247

Blythe
    Participant

Hi all,
    I live 300m from the 563km mark in Torbay on the North Shore and have a large lawn that Iā€™m more than happy to have tents pitched on. Will be around most evenings to open up the house for showers, laundry, and the like. House is just around the corner from a great set of shops and a butcher that sells the best biltong.
    Also more than happy to receive parcels on your behalf.
    Iā€™m walking Cape Reinga to Whangarei starting on the 30th of November so will take a two week hiatus but please text me on 0272041562 if ever you need a spot for the night either side of that.
    Must love dogs (and throwing a ball for one if necessary)!
    Happy tramping!
    Blythe

Ruru Valley Farm
    Participant

Hi Trail Blazers

If you are done for the day and are looking for somewhere to rest your head, we are off Pinnacle Hill Rd in Bombay (down the SH2 end, Mangatawhiri – South Auckland). We have a couple of options for you – either flat land for a tent site or barn dwelling which is self contained. A pool might tempt you also. You must like dogs!

If you wish to stay a couple of nights (you need to prearrange this), we have 100 acres of beautiful QEII covenanted bush to be explored.(after a thorough boot clean!!)

We are a 150 acre farm, running Wiltshire sheep and Highland cattle. We are busy people but love to have visitors. Call me on 0211348750 for availability. We do accept a koha which will be used to keep our bush predator-free.

Happy to collect you once you are in the area!

see you soon
    Sue

Bronnie21
    Participant

Hi there,

We live on 10 acres on Okura River Road, Okura, Auckland. You will pass our house after you have crossed the Okura river from Stillwater or we are not far off East Coast Road, if you are walking from Silverdale.

We have paddocks for pitching your tent or a sleep-out with a Queen size bed, little basic kitchen and composting toilet.
    You are so welcome to stop in to fill up drink bottles, or stay for a night!

Our little ‘farm’ is called ‘Shiloh’… you will see the sign by the gate.

We hope you have a wonderful time exploring this beautiful country.

Bronnie and Markus
    Ph 021-027-41123 (Bronnie)
    or if you can’t get hold of Bronnie, phone Markus 021-473-321

Tania & Steve
    Participant

Hi Everyone.

If you’re Coeliac or have Allergies or Food Intolerances, we’re the perfect place for you as I’m Coeliac and have quite a few allergies too.
    No pets either so you don’t have to worry about cat or dog allergies.

We’re in Red Beach just before the Top 10 Campground, between Stillwater and Puhoi stages. 400m from the beach if you feel like a swim.

We have a guest room with a Queen size bed šŸ›, bath šŸ›, shower šŸšæ, laundry and a vege garden which you can raid for dinner and your next stage.

Cooking facilities include allergy safe kitchen inside and 2 barbecues outside… oh and did I mention the spa?

If you prefer to sleep outside, happy to set up our larger tent and airbeds for a wee bit of outdoor luxury. šŸ„°

Also, I’m a medical aromatherapist, naturopath and nutritionist so happy to help patch wounds, blisters, etc.šŸ©¹šŸ©ŗ
    Massages are extra!

If you need to be picked up, let me know on 0276298928.
    Vaccinated people preferred to keep me safe due to my allergies.

See you soon
    Tania šŸ˜

LowerSaddleJoe
    Participant

Hi Liam and Becs, are you still offering accommodation? I’m doing the trail in sections and am doing the Pakiri to Dome section on Thursday/ Friday (30th/31st) I’d really appreciate a patch of grass for the Thursday night if possible, if not if anyone else has something available around the Matakana Valley/ Govan Wilson area please let me know! 0210394054. Cheers, Joe

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.