Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    Admin
    Keymaster

If you are looking for somewhere to stay along the Northland leg of the Te Araroa trail or you have a backyard or a room you are happy to let someone stay in, post a comment here!

Hilton
    Participant

12 Old Mill Lane, Ngunguru.
    We live one kilometre past Papaka Road on Ngunguru Road.(The Ngunguru Bypass) That is .003% off trail. Position 35deg 37′ 56″S – 174deg 28′ 53″E.

Disregard the No Vacancy sigh if you wish to camp. The sign is for the B&B. We always have room for Te Araroa hikers to camp.
    We offer camping for koha for trail walkers. Despite what the Topo Maps show, there are no Camp Grounds in Ngunguru. It makes an ideal stop prior to the day walk to Pataua or North to Whananaki. If we are not home camp on the grass patch between the gardens on the right about 20m past the bee hives on the left. You will find a toilet in the bush behind the garden and water at the pump shed by the tanks. Please conserve the rain water. It is all we have.
    Pop up to the house and say Hi. We would like to meet you. Good to give us a call first on 022 626 7166.
    The Ngunguru Connection – One of the easiest, fastest way to the Mackerel Forest Track is to hitch from our place as opposed to crossing the Ngunguru River in Ngunguru (New route as of 2016 season) and road walking the nine kilometres to the Mackerel Forest track. (Little traffic on Ngunguru Ford Road from Nikau Bay.)
    Cheers from Hilton and Melva – Safe hiking.

• This reply was modified 6 years, 3 months ago by Hilton.
    Hilton
    Participant

Also visit our Ngunguru Advice page.
    Cheers, Hilton

orcadans
    Participant

I live in a house at 377 Cove Road Waipu. Plenty of room to camp here and use the shower if need be. Cheers

Sheryls place
    Participant

Sheryl’s place is 228d Waikare valley road, turn right at red letterbox for approximately 100m, cross the river, third house on the right about 500m.

This is our home with plenty of space for your tent, a caravan available if wet, a verandah with gas cooker, plenty of time to relax and rest.

Hidden treasures everywhere, something for everyone, welcome.

hbarfoot
    Participant

If you’re passing through Mangawhai Heads – we have a holiday bach right on the trail near the middle of town, and if we’re around (more likely on weekends) you’re welcome to camp on our back lawn for no charge. You can message me on Facebook (Henry Barfoot) or text 021 2743 679 to check out your dates

Di!
    Participant

Hello! I’m heading today to kerikeri! I’ll arrive late and I was trying to ask someone to camp in their backyard. But maybe it will be too late. Does anyone knows a place I could camp for the night?

Thank you! Di!

inkara
    Participant

Hello There. We live on the Mangamuka Tramping Track just before you enter the scenic Raetea Forest. We offer camping in our garden and a hot shower $10. Let us know if you need a hot meal or how we can assist you. Kat is always around and lives in the little unpainted house at 241 Takahue Saddle Road.
    If you prefer a real bed you can book
    https://www.airbnb.co.nz/rooms/28988708
    or if you prefer a little luxury book here https://www.airbnb.co.nz/rooms/26159807

Kia ora !
    Alan here at Mangawhai Travellers Rest. 4 Insley Street, Mangawhai.
    Mangawhai Village is the last place in the Northland section, about 3 kms before you cross into Auckland on your way out to TeArai & Pakiri beaches.
    Mangawhai Travellers Rest is right on the trail, across the road from the 4 Square supermarket ( open from 7.30 a.m. to 8p.m. every day )and just around the corner from cafes,takeaway food and a laundromat with driers. $15 per person for Camping – with free range use of the house,kitchen,sunny music room,bathroom,toilet, laundry, phone charging, wiFi – all included.
    There may be a room available from November , and we can make room inside if you really want a rest from the weather.
    http://www.mangawhaitravellersrest.org.nz tel 02102377242
    Alan Preston

Oops ! The URL for Mangawhai Travellers Rest is : https://sites.google.com/site/mangawhaitravellersrest/

George Norcross
    Participant

Hi all! I have a room which is always spare in waipu. On the trail road! And am always happy to house anyone walking the trail for a night. A bed, shower, and hot food 🙂 text or call me on 0224687121 or look for me at the waipu pizza barn or brewery

Sue
    Participant

Hi, my name is Sue, and I run a backpackers at 2999 Russell Rd, which is right on the track from where you exit the forest on Papakauri Rd. About 2 kms from the exit. We have rooms with single and queen beds, hot showers, kitchen facilities, wifi. All clean and comfy. You can also camp if you prefer. $25 per person or $35 for couple, for a bed with linen, or $15 per person for camping. I often take people to Helena Bay the next morning, as from our place it is 12 kms road walking. Best to ring 0221738752 or 094336105 if you can.

Justin Smith
    Participant

Oakura Bay

aOakura Bay Fish, Dive,& Cruise and Beachfront Accommodation 207 Oakura Rd, Oakura Bay – P:09 4336877 We offer excellent camping sites, and very well set up beachfront caravans with amazing views and location at one of New Zealand’s most beautiful and safe beaches. Beachfront tent sites are just $15 per person, and caravans from just $25 per person to walkers – that includes excellent hot showers and free WiFi, and access to laundry facilities. Cheap fishing trips, hire kayaks, swimming, and surfing equipment available. Collect and drop off next morning to trail option available. Phone or Text Justin now 0274625872 or email oakura@xtra.co.nz

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.