Te Araroa – Trail Angel Forums South Island Otago Accommodation

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)
  • Author
    Admin
    Keymaster

If you are looking for somewhere to stay along the Otago leg of the Te Araroa trail or you have a backyard or a room you are happy to let someone stay in, post a comment here!

Susan
    Participant

Hi, Im in Wanaka, just a couple of blocks from the trail. I often have a spare room or a couch available depending on when I have family staying. Best to drop me a message with approximate dates and I can let you know if its available.
    If not youre welcome to still come by, do some laundry, use the wifi, pack your food etc, all those things that need a bit of time and space.

clareontheroof
    Participant

Hi everyone,

I’m finding it difficult to find somewhere affordable to pitch my tent in Queenstown for the nights of Feb 23 and Feb 25 (I will be staying with a friend on the 24th only). Are there any angels in Queenstown with a spare bit of grass in the yard? It would be much appreciated! 🙂

Clare

abond
    Participant

Hi Susan, very kind of you to offer a bed in Wanaka. Will be passing through in 6 days or so (weather dependent) from the north. Let me know if your couch is free 🙂 cheers, Alice

Susan
    Participant

Hi Alice, It would depend on which day you hit town, I wont have space over the weekend but if its before Saturday hit me up.

abond
    Participant

Hi Susan, ok great, we should arrive on Wednesday. We are 3 people: Jasper and I are English, I’m a structural engineer and Jasper is in food and drink marketing; and Boris, a French biologist. Stay in touch and let me know if you could host one or more of us and we could perhaps cool you dinner! Very best, Alice

abond
    Participant

Hi Susan, Jasper and I will arrive earlier than expected into Wanaka this evening- let me know if that floor spot is available for the 2 of us. My email is: alicesophiebond@gmail.com cheers!

Detour
    Participant

Hello Susan! Thank you so much for your offer. I will come through Wanaka in approximately six days, so on the 16th. Would you be able to host me around that time for one or two nights? That would be absolutely awesome! Cheers, Ute

Susan
    Participant

Hi there, at this stage Im not sure if I would have space, possibly have family staying. Let me know when youre closer to town if thats possible. cheers susan

Detour
    Participant

Hello Susan, I just arrived in Hawea and will be in Wanaka by tomorrow evening. It would be so great if I could stay at yours! It’s probably easier if we talk on the phone. Here is my number: +640275082099. And don’t worry if it doesn’t work out – with my tent I always find a place to stay… 😊. Cheers, Ute

backpackerbex
    Participant

Hi Susan,

Would it be possible to have some gaitors stored with you for a few weeks which I could pick up on my way through Wanaka? Many thanks 🙂

Becky

Susan
    Participant

Hi there, thats just fine. Address is 139 Upton ST, Wanaka, 9305

Monika_Ar
    Participant

Dear Susan,

I and my two friends walking TA from Bluff. We will be in Wanaka 24.01.2019. Is it possible to sleep in your place for two nights. We would like to do one day rest after three weeks walking:) If you can give us place to pitch our tent it will be greatfull too. We look forward hearing from you

Monika

Susan
    Participant

Hi Monika, sorry but we will have a full house then. The camp ground is nuice and close to town, lots of hikers stay there.
    Best of luck with your hike
    cheers Susan

Monika_Ar
    Participant

Thanks for information. We will do like you wrote 🙂

Monika

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.