Te Araroa – Trail Angel Forums South Island Southland Invercargill stopover

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
  • Author
    Buggerlugs
    Participant

Hi there, I’m in Invercargill if you need a stopover before the final push to Bluff, or a place to sort things out after your great effort, I can offer a bed (check in advance) hot shower, place to pitch a tent or just a tea/coffee and a chat would love to help you out.
    Am planning my own trip for 2018/19 so would love to hear your stories

mcklure
    Participant

Hiya! My partner and I are about to finish the TA and we are looking to have a few days to rest and digest the experience before pushing in to Stewart’s Island and the next adventure. Would you be able to host us for a few days this week?

StarMan
    Participant

Flying either into Queenstown or Invercargill on Sunday Dec 9 after an all day and al night flight. I need to get my shopping and boxes sent for the leg to Queenstown.

Is you offer of a Lawn and shower still open. I also would love to chat about the trail. I just hope I’m not to early in the year.

StarMan
    Sacramento, CA

Buggerlugs
    Participant

Hi StarMan

Of course the offer is open, we will have a spare room free then if you prefer :). We have had a bit of wild weather lately but seems to be brightening up now, let me know your plans nearer the date and we will sort you out

Cheers
    Buggerlugs

Buggerlugs
    Participant

Hey Starman

Any update on your plans, still have a room available if you require it

Cheers
    Buggerlugs

StarMan
    Participant

Thank you so very much with getting back to me.

Could you email me directly at

frankgilliland@gmail.com

your contact info…… (don’t know what web access I might have soon)

I have booked a night in Queenstown for the evening of 9 Dec. My plan is to be in Invercargill by 10 Monday.

Plans could change once I “Have Boots on the ground” I’m not sure what traveling for two days and the time shift will be like! Plus I will need to get transport from Q to I.

Once again thank you. And I will contact you directly once I have a NZ sim and number.

StarMan

Sluyters
    Participant

Hey Buggerlugs,

My name is Paul, Glamourpuss is my trail name I somehow got on the Pacific Crest Trail this year. I am from Tasmania and will be arriving from bus to Invercagill on 4th of Jan at about 5pm if I manage to get the 1.30pm bus from Queenstown. I plan to start on the 6th from Bluff. So if you have a place where I can pitch my tent that would be great. I am obviously Northbound as I am starting late and will be thruhiking to Cape Reinga. Anyhow if you can help out in anyway that would be great. Thankyou

Buggerlugs
    Participant

Hi Paul

We should be able to help you out, let me know when you hit Invercargill

Mark

Monika_Ar
    Participant

Dear Buggerlugs 🙂

My name is Monika and I am from Poland. I would like to start Te Araroa from Bluff. There is any possibility in Invercargill to pitch my tent somewhere?:)

I also be happy to talk about the trail. This is big challenge for me.

I will be in Invercargill on Monday (7.01),

Could you help me?

Monika

Buggerlugs
    Participant

Hi Monika

Unfortunately we are away from the 5/1 until the 9/1 really sorry about that

can help you on the 9/1 if that is any good

Mark

Sluyters
    Participant

Hi Buggerlugs,

Thankyou, I am going to crash at a Homestay for 2 nights in Invercagill. But are you about on the 6th for a lift to the start or know someone? Would like to get going first thing in the morning if possible.

Paul (Glamourpuss)

Buggerlugs
    Participant

Hey Paul
    Sorry wont be around on the 6th getting away for a few days ourselves, there are 2 bus services to Bluff that have to be booked – catch-a-bus or the stewart island coach. Alternatively it is pretty easy to hitch a lift from Invercargill to Bluff.
    Sorry couldnt be of more help
    happy trails
    Mark

Monika_Ar
    Participant

Dear Mark,

Thank you for information. I will be on the trial in 9.01.:) I would like to catch my friends on the trial, so in the beginning I have to be fast 🙂

Monika.

pinkhamsr
    Participant

Hi Buggerlugs,

I am currently in Te Anau and will be finishing the TA sobo around February 17. After the trail I hope to find a job and stay in NZ for a few months on my Working Holiday Visa. A place to crash for a few days while I plan my next steps would be very helpful. Would you be able to offer accommodation around February 17 or so? Thanks!

Sunny

Buggerlugs
    Participant

Hi Sunny
    We could possibly do 17th/18th Feb let me know when you are closer if that’s ok 😁

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.